Can you imagine a casino, both online and offline, without roulette? This is a classic game admired since the 1700s, and everyone has been hunting for ways how to win roulette since that time. If you want to learn more about the roulette, how to play this game properly, then this quick guide is for you.
- How Does Roulette Work: Equipment and Set-Up
- How to Win at Roulette: A Guide to Bets
- How to Win Roulette: Strategies and Theories
- How to Win in Roulette: FAQs
How Does Roulette Work: Equipment and Set-Up
First, there is a roulette wheel itself. It consists of a metal cylinder spinning freely in either direction. Adjacent to this cylinder, there are compartments with numbers (1 through 36, 0, and sometimes 00). The numbers are in black or red while the zeros are in green, and they don’t go in the consecutive order. A small ball is also used.
The bets are made on a special table. Here is what you will see on most roulette tables.
|Numbers 1-36, 0 and/or 00||This is how many numbers on a roulette wheel you can see. The ball lands on any.|
|1st 12||The ball lands on 1 through 12.|
|2nd 12||The ball lands on 13 through 24.|
|3rd 12||The ball lands on 25 through 36.|
|1-18||The ball lands on 1 through 18.|
|19-36||The ball lands on 19 through 36.|
|Even/Odd||The number the ball lands onto is even/odd.|
|Red/Black||The number the ball lands onto is red/black.|
|2 to 1||The ball lands on a number in the column.|
How does roulette work? A dealer spins it in one direction and then sends the ball spinning in the opposite direction. Before the spinning starts, players can place their bets.
How to Win at Roulette: A Guide to Bets
In order to properly learn how to play roulette and win, you need to be able to differentiate between bet types, how much they pay-out, and which of the bets are safer than the others. So, let’s start with the basics.
All the bets are divided into inside and outside ones. The inside bets are the ones that you make on the section with numbers, while the outside ones are placed on other sections. The highest pay-out is on the inside bets.
- If you place your chips onto a cell with a number, your bet will win 35-1.
- If you place the chips on a line between two cells, the pay-out will be 17-1.
- If the chips lie on the line at the beginning of a row of 3 numbers, the pay-out is going to be 11-1.
- The chips at the intersection of 4 cells will pay out 8-1.
- The chips at the intersection of the first cells of two adjoining rows pay out 5-1.
The outside bets don’t pay out much – just 1-1 (colors, odd/even) or 2-1 (the rest of the outside bets).
The house advantage for roulette is the highest among that of any other casino game. In other words, this is the riskiest game you can play. So, how do you play roulette without losing too much and which bets are the safest? Generally, there is no definitive answer to this question since the game is too unpredictable. The lowest house advantage is for the inside bets, so you should try them and see how lucky you are.
How to Win Roulette: Myths
There are so many myths and theories on how to beat roulette. Let’s look at some of them:
- There are betting strategies that guarantee a victory every time you play.
This is another misconception about the game. There are no working betting strategies that will teach you how to win in roulette.
- All the roulette wheels are the same and work identically.
Even though the principle is the same, the actual wheels can have slight differences. These can be the result of the difference in manufacturing and even because of the continuous use.
- You can predict numbers based on which number has won.
Players who want to know how to win at roulette every time have often tried this approach. However, it doesn’t work.