What is baccarat? It is one of the most accessible and laid-back games at any casino. This game first appeared in France, and now it is known as the favorite game of James Bond. Find in this short tutorial on baccarat how to play this game, how to bet, and how to win baccarat confidently.
- How Do You Play Baccarat: The Basic Rules
- How to Win at Baccarat: Counting the Points
- How to Play Baccarat and Win Easily
- How to Play Baccarat: FAQs
How Do You Play Baccarat: The Basic Rules
Before talking about how to play baccarat and win, let’s look at some basic rules. Most baccarat tables that you will see can sit up to 7 people. There are 5 types of bets you can place:
- Banker vs Player (which means you will bet on either side).
- Banker Pair vs Player Pair (you bet that either side will have a pair upon the first draw).
- Tie (you bet that both sides will get equal points).
There are corresponding spots on the table for you to place your chips on, which makes the game even easier. The winning hand is the one that gets as close to 9 as possible and has more points than the other hand.
A dealer draws the cards and counts the points while players in baccarat never touch the cards. At the beginning of every round, two cards are drawn for each side.
How to Win at Baccarat: Counting the Points
So, how do you play baccarat and get to 9 points? First, the cards from ace to 9 are worth their exact value, which is added when you draw them from the shoe. The face cards and the 10s are zero points. Let’s see how some possible combinations work.
|The cards in the hand||How the points are counted||The points for the hand|
|A+J||A is 1, and J is 0||1|
|5+7||The sum of these 2 numbers is 12. If something like this happens, the first digit is simply dropped.||2|
|K+K||K is 0||0|
In the example above, the hands don’t get many points, but there are still ways of how to win at baccarat with them. There are additional regulations for such cases. For example, if we are talking about the Player’s hand, another card will be drawn and added to the points. This applies to all the hands below 5. In the case of the Banker’s hand, the card will be drawn too, but this only applies to the hands which have less than 3. The casinos might have extra rules for the banker’s hand that is worth 3 to 7 points. Ask the supervisor about those regulations if you are interested.
And finally, when the hand gets 9 points or 8 points, this is called “a natural” and basically guarantees that the hand has won the round.
How to Play Baccarat and Win Easily
Now that you know how the game works and how the points are counted, it is time to learn how to win in baccarat. There are lots of myths connected with this game. Some people believe it is possible to find a pattern, and they keep track of the hands using a card that is provided by the casino. Others believe there is a system that can be followed, which is not true either. Since you don’t control the game, a lot of it depends on chance and luck. However, you can apply certain tactics in order to maximize your chances.
- Bet on the Banker more often. Even though every win on this hand has a 5% commission, it also has the lowest house advantage and is considered to be the best of all the bets available on the table.
- Set a time limit, i.e. how much time you will spend at the table. Don’t sit longer than that even if you are winning.
- Set a budget. If you lose everything in your budget, stop. It isn’t wise spending more than that.